Thursday, June 16, 2005

Welcome to my blog

Hi all and welcome to my blog. As I was searching for a place to start, I decided the best way to being this journey is to tell you a little about me and my blog.
This blog is called frat boy goes legal because it is intended to be a tale of my journey from college fraternity man to law school student. I intend this to be a first hand account of my expierences researching schools, preparing applications, and applying to law school. I also intend this blog to include a lot of details of my college and fraternity life as I lead up to the all important Fall of 2006 in which I will apply. And the Fall of 2007 in which I will attend. For those of you using this blog as a way to gain insite into the law school application process, I hope this helps. For those of you looking to be entertained, I hope you are. I hope that once the details of my law school application experience become more frequent those of you who do not want to hear about it bear with me, and I hope that before that point those of you interested in my application process will merely be entertained by my tales of college life.
As for who I am as a person, I am 20 years old, from Bartlett, Illinois, a town an hour northwest of Chicago. I am from a middle class family and sadly (for application purposes) and a white male. I go to school at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois, a private school of about 6,000 that is typically ranked in the top five in its class by USNews and World Report. I am an active member of the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity and have served in a variety of leadership roles. The majority of this blog will probebally discuss school, law school applications, and my social life (which will largely deal with my fraternity). I will introduce friends as they come up in my writting.
As a student, I am a Economics and Political Science Major with a 3.78 GPA at the time I am starting this blog. I have not yet taken the LSAT or preped very hard, but I have taken a few practice tests and am averaging a little over 165 with scores ranging from 162 to 169.
That shoudl serve as a good background. To those of you who know me, I hope you find this interesting and hope you are not too bored with my discussion of law school and fraternity. To those of you who do not know me, I hope you are entertained and mabye even get an insight into the Law School application process. Who knows, mabye one day I will be sitting in the same classroom listening to the same lecture on the same cases.
As a side note, please do not correct my spelling or grammar, I know I cannot spell, you do not have to remind me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home