Friday, June 17, 2005

A Starting Point

So it makes sence that if I am going to write about law schools I should tell you what kind of law schools I am looking at.

Over the last six months I have tried to get my hands on as much free material as I could (and a little that isn't). After a lot of reading and talking to people I have assembeled the following "long list" of candidate schools. I think that baring an LSAT meltdown (not impossible) or an LSAT knockout (not likely) I will be choosing from among this list of schools come the fall of 2006.

U of Chicago, Northwestern, Georgetown, Duke, Penn, Columbia, Berkley, (I wish)

Michigan, Notre Dame (Not happening)

Vanderbilt, Minnesota (Still not likely)

Illinois, Iowa, George Washington, Wash U (stl) (mabye)

Wisconsin, indiana, (its possible)

American, Case Western (Getting warmer)

Kent, Loyola, Depaul (i hope not)

John Marshall, NIU, SIU, Drake, Marquette, SLU (I might not even bother going).

No disrespect to people from schools in that last group, but I just don't want to spend all that money to go to a lower end school. That said, some of those are still solid institutions, just not where I want to be.

Over the next two years I will be writting a lot about visits and applications and correspondence with many of the above schools, so wish me luck, and stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home