Sunday, June 19, 2005

Trip Recap

Well I am back from my trip and I learned two things.

First, South Bend is only two hours from my house. Thats closer than UIUC!!
Also, trying to write a research paper on vacation is harder than it seems.
I had a paper due on hedonic damages (as I already told most of you) and planned to write it on vacation. Well, everything anything fun came up, the paper got pushed back. Finally I wrote it at 5 AM and looking at it, the quality is..... missing.

So now I get to spend my Monday correcting a paper to turn it in on Tuesday.

On a totally seperate note, somebody threatened to sue the company I work for for not letting him pay less than the amount he owes on a bill. I work for an insurance company and we had his workmans comp insurance. He owed $150,000 and offered to pay $10,000. The full payment was due today. He said (quoting directly: If anythign happens to me I am going to sue you for not letting me pay), to which I said (stupidly) well you are welcome to pay, in fact, I encourage you to pay $150,000, and if you only want to pay $10,000 then you are welcome to do that too, however it will not prevent your insurance from canceling. So really, I in no way prevented him from paying, I just told him if he did not pay for services they would not be rendered. I really wanted to ask him what his cause of action was, but I probebally would have been fired.

Fun stuff. Later all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home