Friday, July 08, 2005

Trouble in Pi kappa land

Well there was some bad news today. Apparently the school just finished with our house and we have a huge amounts of fines. Most of them I am fine with, but I do onject to them charging us to repair holes in walls that we have already fixed. Also, we are supposed to have a janitor. The janitor stopped comming a month before school was over. We got fined for our house being dirty as well. Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't a janitor have solved this problem? Also, we pay a fee for room, board, and a janitor. Our janitor does not show up. Shouldn't we have some money refunded?

As a simple issue of contract law this seems a no brainer. We exchange money for room, board, and a janitor. We do not get a janitor. Shouldn't we be entitled to the cost of the janitor for the number of days they missed split out among each of us? Lets say one janitor (what it takes to clean our house) makes $30,000 (I think he makes more). Lets also neglect any benefits he receives. We are in school about 30 weeks, so he makes roughly 1,000 per week of cleaning our house. He missed three full weeks. That is $3,000, more than our fines. The way I see it, we should be getting a refund. Now lets say he gets paid of 50 weeks (even though he has summers and winters off). that is still 600/week. That means we should ge 1800 back as a house.

Just some thoughts and complaining.

I am heading down to Peoria for the weekend, oh joy of joys.

P.S. I got a 96% on my business law test, then followed it up with a 78%.... nice drop huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home