Monday, June 20, 2005

Reaffirming my worries about Big Law

I ran across an interesting article on Big Law today while reading a favorite messegeboard of mine. For anybody interested in Big Law or who just wants to learn about the real workings of law firms I think it is a good read. It certainly made me realize what I am getting into. It seems long but the font is HUGE and the footnotes take up a lot of the pages (though the footnotes are worth a read in their own right). Take a few minutes, I think you may learn a couple things.

I had a copy of it on my old blog but I do not know how to upload it. It is by Patrick J. Schiltz and is called On being a Happy, Health, and Ethical Member of an Unhappy, Unhealthy, Unethical Profession.

On another note, my essay for ECN 111 is garbage, I am not looking forward to getting my critiques back. Work was rough today, I can't wait to get back to Kavanaugh where I belong! I may not learn as much as I hoped, but it certainly beats working at the Insurance company.
On a related note: PEOPLE, INSURANCE RATES ARE SET BY A CORPORATION LIKE TARGET, WE CANNOT NEGOTIATE THEM ANYBODY WHO SAYS THEY CAN IS EITHER A LIAR OR A CRIMINAL. You wouldn't go into target and haggle over the price, yet people seem to think insurance rates can be negotiated. We can lower your rate, but we are also lowering your coverage. People kill me, they think we can randomly change their rate if they threaten to leave. Any insurance agent who says they can do this is either lying to you or doing something illegal, there are NO exceptions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home