Monday, July 11, 2005

Essays, youth, and sleep

Well first and foremost, I am looking forward to getting my first good night sleep in a long time. I am hoping this becomes more common, but I am not counting on it. My play for the rest of the night is simple: Read a little more of Rehnquist's book, listen to the radio, and fall asleep for the third time today.

I need a topic (actually two) for my upcomming economics essay. I have a few thoughts but I really really do not want to do another research project based on practical application. I really like this aspect but it is just to hard to find sources. That said, I took this class for the purpose of exploring different areas of the law in hopes of eventually finding a topic to write my senior paper on (and possibly my Junior Honors Thesis). Mental note: ask about the due date on the honors thesis.

Anyways, here are the topics I am considering, any input would be much appreciated.
1. South American Hyper-Inflation
2. The WTO and its influences
3. A historical analysis of the gold standard.
4. An economic analysis of torts (focus on the agency problem that firms create as well as the way it discouranges small claims).
5. Trade with China (because it is easy).

Finally, I want rant for a few seconds about something. U of I this year raised its LSAT scores three full points for the top 25% and made its class smaller. This scares me as I would like to attempt to go there. Why did I have to be born so young? Soon everybody will be killing the LSAT, prep classes will equal the playing field, intelligence will play less of a role, and it will be impossible to get into the top schools. Oh well, such is life. AVERAGE LAW SCHOOL HERE I COME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home