Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Start your engins

Well classes are about to start and I figure that means I owe everybody a post about my upcomming semester. My upcomming semester academically will be less stressful, however my other activities will add sufficient stress and responsibilities to keep me from being able to relax and take the semester off. I have 12 normal hours (Advanced Leadership, Quantatative Methods II, Chem and Society, and Intermediate Macroeconomics, in order of difficulty) in addition to two 1 hours seminars, one through the honors program (economics of love) and one through the econ department (Jr. Colloquium) which should be challenging but interesting. I also hope to try and earn internship credit for my work with IFC.

That said, I make it a tradition to give a prediction of my grades and this semester I came up with the following

Jr. Colloquium: pass
Honors seminar: A
QM 263: A
ELH 300: A
CHM 300: A
ECO 333: B

So it could be a good semester, though I am not certain of any of the A's (which makes me nervous).

I don't really have any economic thoughts for you, but I do have some interesting advice to pass along. John Spence spoke this weekend and he said something interesting that many many people should consider: you can't complain about not getting the results you want unless you have done everything in your power to dedicate yourself to achieving them. This fits perfectly with LSAT preperation. I hope I get the results I want. To this end I am going to try my best to do everything I can to succeed. I know that no matter what I do I can still probebally do more, but when it comes to LSAT prep, this time, for the first time in my life, I plan to actually dedicate myself 100% to a single task for a month and a half. More time would be doing more, so while this isn't really "all I can do" this would be me giving it a very very good try. Hopefully I will succeed. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home