Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Not to offend

I just got yelled at by a good friend of mine who's opinion I respect a lot for listing NIU in a category of schools that I called "not sure I would even go." I would first like to edit that comment. I would not attend any of those schools unless I was getting a large amount of money to attend. Nothing against these schools, two of them are actually top 100 schools, its just that the way I view that group is basically that I would not want to go into debt to attend law school there, this is not to say others shouldn't. If you really want to go to law school and thats where you can get in, or some special circumstance leads you there (you live in Dekalb, you can only go to night school in Chicago, you definately want to practice in WI, you are really into health law, exc) then by all means go for it, but for me, who doesn't know what kind of practice he wants but thinks he may want to get involved in some sort of politicals (and possibly add a MPP) these are just not the right schools. I an not a huge fan of any of the third or fourth tier schools, but that doens't mean they aren't right for somebody.

On a side note, schools are what they are, not everybody can be the best school, or the top ten, or the top half, exc. Unfortunately, in the practice of law these things see to matter when looking for clerkships and jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home