Monday, July 11, 2005

GPA and Grade Inflation

I always knew that my school had a problem with Grade Inflation, but I never knew exactly how it played out. I talked to a graduate from last year and he graduated with a 2.75ish. He was in the bottom 150 in a class of less than 900. That is like the bottom 20%. This is crazy. That means our curve must be centered pretty close to (or above) 3.0. WOW. I need my 3.78 to be in the top 8% of my class when school starts so I am elibigble for Phi Kappa Phi. I hope it is, but now I am not so sure. Moreover, I am worried that my GPA will look unimpressive on a law school application if grade inflation is that bad.

Dear Bradley University:

Either start giving plusses and minuses so that grades are not so high or tell teachers to stop making grades stupid. I have worked hard to earn mostly high A's. Your professors give out so many high marks that I will be drastically hurt when I apply to law school. Not everybody does A work. Please find a way to reduce grad inflation, even if you have to rank everybody against each other.

Thanks,



Me.

Crossing my fingers. Obviously I am not really sending this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home