Friday, January 20, 2006

Chem-misery

Yesterday marked the beginning of what just might be the most unusual chem class I have ever taken. The class in question is Chem 300, thats chem and civilization for those of you that do not have a freakish knowledge of my college's course listings.

The class is supposed to deal with the various practical uses of chem in our everyday lives. Here are some thing that make me think the class will be..... odd.

1. The teacher came in for the first day of class dressed super casual.
2. We filled out a set of questions before the class that had everything to do with our personal lives and past and NOTHING to do with chem.
3. During his lecture I learned exactly NOTHING that I didn't know before the age of 16.
4. He asked if we thought he was about to blow stuff up.
5. He has taught the class in summer school and is using the same material.

These are all good signs that the class will be odd.

I am heading out this weekend for a Greek Leaders hug fest, aka the IFC\Panhel retreat. I will be back tomorrow, hopefully with at least one good story.

On the law school\politics front, Playboy had a really interesting article (right between two even more interesting photo spreads) about the members of congress that always speak their mind. Worth a read...... and a look!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home