Monday, August 14, 2006

Missed Goals

Well I didn't reach the goal I set for myself. Instead of having all of the simple stuff done, I only completed two small tasks which leaves me with some heavy duty writing and proofreading to complete between now and the end of the week.

On the plus side, I did get some things done.

My activities and awards sheet is as complete as it can be. The only event remaining is the committee that I was appointed to, but I won't be filling that out until I have a better grasp of what it is (thank god I have 4 weeks until I start submitting applications.) In addition, my resume is edited and ready except for adding that activity.

The next big task is lining up proofreaders. I have four criteria for proofreads that I will be using:

1. Good as english. This includes both the ability to write in ways that make sense and skills in grammar, which is where I will need the most work.

2. Somebody that I see often. I will need to keep on them and I am hoping for a quick turnaround.

3. Somebody that will have enough time to get it done quickly.

4. Doens't know me too well. They need to know me enough to not have a problem doing it, but I don't want them to bring enough outside knowledge to the reading because I do not want them to read between the lines.

Hopefully I will be able to find somebody. I will update when I do!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home