Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Apps are out... finally

So LSAC posted applications today. Needless to say I spent several hours going through applications and trying to get things ready. For the most part the applications were automatic, and my goal was only to get to the point where I just had to go "ok, I'm basically done with the application part, time to attach essays." I got through about 3/4 of the schools I plan on applying to, so it was a solid first day. Hopefully I will finish up tomorrow. In filling out applications, I noticed a few annoying things about the way information transfers from the common info form to the real form:

1. I go to Bradley Univ...... it took me a long time to catch this, and I have to triple check applications to make sure this doesn't show up repeatedly.

2. I am an econ major. This is true, except that the form automatically shortends the work to econ when I want it to read economics. This didn't seem like a big deal, but after I started correcting it, it got annoying in a hurry.

3. My parential information transfers all sorts of odd ways. LSAC really struggles to grasp the idea that my father is not living.

Also, I wish schools took more care to include instructions on what they want sent seperate from the application. To this end University of Chicago does the best job, major props to them.

I hope to finish this project tomorrow and mabye to write a needed addenda. Also, I would like to finish my SOP this week if possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home