Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mail Call

I got back from vacation today. I was able to do a little bit of productive work on the plane, including putting together a personal statement choice (which I may have mentioned before) but nothing too exciting.

When I got home, I had received a decent amount of law schoo mail including the following:

University of Tennessee viewbook
Albany Viewbook
Georgetown Viewbook
Wash U Viewbook and fee waiver

I fully intend to flip through the Georgetown Viewbook as well as apply. I am glad to have the updated version. I was also already applying to Wash U so the fee waiver is appreciated. The only problem is, I DONT KNOW HOW YOU USE THE FEE WAIVER. It is just a few sentences at the bottom of a letter pitching the school that says "based on your academic record we are waiving your application fee," but doesn't say if I should include the letter or if I can apply through LSAC and just check a box or what. Frustrating, but I'd rather have this fustration than have to pay the fee. I will not be applying to Tennessee and was going to put the viewbook straight into the trash but something caught my eye. On the first page was a picture of Howard Baker, a very important Pi Kappa Phi that is the namesake of an important Pi Kapp award. Out of some silly sense of respect I read the viewbook so I could make the educated decision that Tennessee wasn't for me.

Albany didn't have a famous Pi Kapp alum near the beginning and as a result went straight into the garbage can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home