Thursday, July 28, 2005

Capital Wuss

Well today we visited all of the important tourist sites in D.C. We started by walking a few miles to the capital because we didn't know where we were going. For anybody that has never been to D.C. the Hill is super impressive and makes me actually want to do public sector work because of the awsome feeling you get being around the capital.

Next we went to my favorite place on the trip, the Supreme Court Building. The building was impressive and I got chills sitting in the actual court room. I wish I would have thought ahead and scheduled the trip when the court would be in session. Oh well such is life. At lunch I met some law clerks which was neat, but nothing compared to what happened next.

I was walking around the building when who appeared but a gentle looking man in his late fourties and a woman lecturing him on tax law. IT WAS JOHN ROBERTS. At least, I think it was him, I never had the balls to talk to him, and nobody else seemed to notice him, but I swear if it wasn't him he has a twin.

The day was rounded out with an interesting tour of the Library of Congress, and a chilling trip to the Archives to look at all of the important documents in US History (declaration, constitution, bill or rights, articles of confederation, exc). This was super neat, but not as cool as the Supreme Court.

No deep thoughts for the day, other than I still want to work in D.C. at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home