Saturday, July 30, 2005

GW, GT, Obama

The day started off interestingly enough. We went to see Obama and Durbin have coffee and talk with constituents. I asked a question about Roberts and their impressions and got a vanilla answer. A few other people had questions and nobody really had any answers. We got a run down of the current Senate schedule. Nothing earth shattering. What did suprise me was the attitude of the two Senators. I don't like Durbin or Obama, but I have lots of respect for the following Obama has created in such a small time.

When I actually met them however, I found Obama pompus, arrogant, and boring. He seemed like he was too good to be talking to us. On the flip side, Durbin was entertaining and humorous and genuinely kept my interest.

More important to this blog, today I visited two law schools.

We started with George Washington. This school was falling on my list because I felt if I got in there I would rather go to U of I or a similar school. After seeing GW I am SUPER impressed. Everything about the facility screams it is a great school. I didn't meet any students (stupid me going on bar weekend), but I loved the look of the building and the location. The more I start to like the idea of working in D.C., the more I start to like GW.

Georgetown was a HUGE disappointment. I expected to be wowwed by the school buy was bored instead. Very sterile like a hospital. I wouldn't go there, I won't even apply there. Georgetown has better facilities and a much better location. I was really excited for Georgetown and felt let down\ripped off.

We saw the White House today, which was exciting. The treasury building is also fairly nice. Had a great lunch at Ebbitt's. Nother else really worth noting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home