Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Rules

People's disrespect for rules and laws never stops amazing me.

Before I continue, I want to say that I accept that we are all hypocrits and as a result of this, please do not send me hate emails about how I am fully of it because I speed then complian when people break other laws.

The second idea that kills me is when people think punishment is supposed to be nice. I talked to a friend today who was talking about how the state has ruined his life because they took away his right to drive (not he uses the term right) until he turns 21. I asked him why, he told me "because I got a DUI." Ok, now lets thing about this... you drink and drive, put everybody on the roads near you at danger, put yourself at danger, get caught, then complain that you are being punished and that the people punishing you ruined your life? You ruined your life you stupid idiot. Correct me if I am wrong, but if punishments are not unpleasant, aren't they no longer punishments? I mean, is "go sit at the strip club and get free lap dances" really a disincentive to do anything? No. I cannot stand when people do this.

I have also had this situation occur in my recent IFC life. Essentially somebody was told "you can't do X" and then tried to ask "well what if we do X ALONG WITH this other group." This kills me. If I said "you cannot leave the state" and you said "what if I leave with my neighbor" how is that different? YOU ARE STILL NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS.

My second complain is people who flaunt rule breaking as if it does not apply to them. Lets think about this. Not only do you break rules, but you do so proudly and publically. Great decision.

End rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home