Sunday, September 24, 2006

Character an Fitness

My character and fitness letter is done. This hasn't mattered because until Friday I was still waiting on a letter of recommendation, but now that the letter is written, I felt it necessarily to complete my character and fitness letter.

Just so everybody knows, here is what happened:

When I was 14 I was shooting paintballs in my backyard with a friend. My backyard is wooded in the back and the property line ends with a four foot high stack of firewood from when our oak tree fell down. We were shooting near this woodline and a paintball that I shot (that missed horribly) struck a person mowing the grass behind our house. The paintball was red and they thought they were shot. They called the police and an ambulence. Later that afternoon the Sheriff called and said I needed to come to the Sheriff's office. I did and was arrested and charged with battery. After we explained what happened, I was asked to write a letter to the victim appologizing and explaining what happend. I was given a "station adjustment" which I was told would dismiss the case as long as I was not convicted of another crime before my 18th birthday. When I called to clarify I was told I had no convictions. I still need to declare this event for schools that asked about being "charged" with crimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home