Thursday, September 14, 2006

Committee Committee Committee

My resume is littered with lots of random involvement that I am not sure will help me get into law school anywhere. As far as undergraduates go.... I'm ok, not great, but not bad. What I am really uncertain about is how I should lay out my information. I have served on several Bradley University committees in the last year and a half and I am unsure if I should put these on my resume, or use the space to better explain some of the things I have done.

The problem is, given the amount of time I put into these various committees I feel like I should at least make it known that I was involved in them. On the other hand, I could be using the same space to lay out more details of what I do in my other activities.

Also, I'm a little annoyed that different places ask for different amounts of information on your resume. Most annoying is the "please indicate the number of hours involved" statements that appear on some applications. My layout is pretty tight as it is, another 7 characters on a line (Xhrs/wk) makes a big difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home