Friday, December 23, 2005

Addiction

I have started work again and that means one thing: my addiction to law school discussion has been reinvigorated. I have spent about 2 hours a day (conservatively) reading and posting various ideas on LSD, and what have I learned? Not much, other than that law schools have the horrible idea of having the main part of their application period take place during the most hectic mail season of the year when everything takes longer to deliver.

On a related thought: Lets say I am an 8 year old boy. One of my older cousins (that is of legal age) tells me that for $1 he will sell me a machine that will trap Santa in my house. In anticipation of Santa being trapped in my house I spend about $300 (I do not know how an 8 year old gets $300) on items to make Santa more comfortable. Not clearly there is an implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose problem here in that his machine will not be able to do what he claims it will. I am fairly certain I would be entitled to my $1 back, but would I be able to claim that I relied on him promise that the machine would trap Santa when I spent the $300 and as a result be entitled to collect $300 from my cousin as well? Its interesting food for thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home