Thursday, September 15, 2005

Classes

Yesterday was the second half of my days from hell. Thank god its thursday and the rest of my week doesn't suck.

In Business Law we are each supposed to teach a concept (together with a small group) and we were assignment the Commerce Clause. I was excited because it is at least something interesting. I was also annoyed because the kid in my group 1. couldn't get what it said and 2. keep asking questions and slowing us down. So ten minutes after everybody else was done we finished. NOT FUN.

QM wasn't bad, I still cant follow upper level economic theory... hopefully that will come eventually.

So the house has kept me very busy lately. First I had an IFC trial, then rush (we got some awsome guys, if we get three more I will be falling over happy), and now I'm back to treasurer stuff. I think I have some budgets together.... Nothing will be finalized till November of course.

Here's the other thing. I'm running out of things to do. I have accomplished everything I wanted to get done. I did that a while ago. I have started taking on other projects to keep busy and keep from feeling worthless. Its like, all my job is now is to not get impeached. I don't mind doing it, I'm just ready to move on to something new. I like the small things I have picked up on the side (formal and parents committee members), but those are the sort of things that drive you nuts. You work on them lots and nobody really notices. Oh well, it will turn out, the house is on the way up at the moment and I'm pround to have a roll in that.

So on a law school note, I am going to see Iowa in October. Saw Southern. It is by far the worst law school I have visited so far. It doesn't even feel like a law school. I know lots of good attourneys from there (several in my firm, including the new associate and the top partner), but it just isn't for me. Sorta like NIU, only without the Public Administration policy that seems really interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home