Monday, January 30, 2006

Tool

So today I was looking around the internet when I ran into this article in a college newspaper.

Now, before I go any further, let me say one thing: I am all about somebody defending their friend in public. I think that is an act that should be commended not condemed.

That said, this guy is a HUGE TOOL. Let's look at this article in two ways.

First, it is a rant against the use of the LSAT score. Since I don't feel like reranting about this argument, please see some of my earlier posts for my views on why this person needs to shut up.

The second problem I have with this article is that he published it in the first place: "Oh my friend got screwed because he didn't get into Penn Law."

Ok buddy, news flash. The reason your friend did not get into Penn Law is probebally the exact same reason he WANTED to go to Penn Law: Because it is very selective and full of good students. Think about it. If Penn let in every kid with a high GPA, low LSAT, and good COLLEGE LEVEL extra curricular activities (he cites being on three college level executive boards as good EC's) then they would have to multiply their class size by 10 and greatly decrease the quality of education they can offer.

The question is, what was his LSAT. The author talks about it being below 170. Was it 169? 166? 160? This is pretty important information to know it trying to look at his friends situation. If it is lower than a 168 the kid just flat out didn't have a chance from the beginning and should have accepted that long ago.

Why on earth would you write this column? If I was Penn Law, I would send out a rejection notice to the columnists friend on the spot.

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

well done , it is very informative i will share itlow gpa college


 

Post a Comment

<< Home