Sunday, May 21, 2006

Inflation, prep, baseball

Application GPA Notes:

So I feel confident about my GPA heading into the law school application season. I have, for the most part, done well in my classes, I earned straight A's all year, and ended up at the high end of the 3.8 range when my community college classes are figured in.

That said, my schools grade inflation issues will almost certainly come back to bite me in the ass. To provide a few pictures of how bad grade inflation at Bradley University is, let me offer a few statistics. First, the 3.85 GPA that I currently have places me just outside the top 7% of Bradley students. Think about that.... I have earned 4 B's since I came here ad 7% of the school is doing better than I am. Additionally, this past semester the average GPA for students here was over a 3.0. A student that earned straight B's is below average. Now, I know that some professors do not like to give out C's and that a B is nothing to write home about, but still. We essentially have a 3 letter grading system: Good (A), Average (B), and Below Average (C). Isn't that really what we have? When was the last time a student got a C and said "well, at least im average." Almost never.

LSAT Prep:

Ok, now that that rant is over, I finished Lesson 8 in PowerScore yesterday, I have been working on lesson 9 and have to complete the "Logic Reasoning Marathon" which is going to be a HUGE pain in my butt. I'll update you on how that goes when it is finished.

Baseball:

Man, the Cubs players are just generally stupid. So first you have Barrett, who throws a punch at A.J. then expects everybody to think its fine. What a fool. I saw the play 8 or 9 times, and I don't think A.J. did anything wrong. When Barrett said he didn't see A.J. hit the plate, his case became even weaker. I dont care if you have the ball, you were in front of the plate, you dont get to just stand there and force the other guy to run around you. If you block the plate, they run through you, thats the way baseball works. So after this idiot throws a punch (and the Cubs loose) Hill stands up and talks about how it was garbage and cheap and all this other stuff. 1. How do you get through the minor leagues without knowing that a blocked plate gets the catcher run over? 2. Why are you talking when you haven't won a game all year and have an ERA over 5? 3. How is th bus ride back to AAA treating you (he was sent down later that day). Then today, A.J. goes deep and so what does Zambrano do? Points at him to indicate he is going to throw at him. Thankfully he isn't as stupid as he looks and sounds and decided to throw 5 pitches away (and walk A.J.) but still, how stupid can you be?

Greek Stuff:

The Greek mens GPA and our GPA missed the campus average however because of the (previously discussed) huge grade inflation, our numbers didn't seem so bad. I can only wonder what it would have been like if somebody in our chapter didn't earn a .90 (and I say EARN a .90 because he worked hard to be worthless).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home