Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spring Break

Spring Break has been a VERY productive time for me. After a good deal of being worthless, I finally got motivated and took steps towards preparing to apply to law school. Specifically, I started to think about recommenders and put together a packet of information for them (I even registered two recommenders with LSAC), I signed up for the June LSAT (Bloomington) and I began to formulate my study plan. At this point it looks like my plan will be to begin slowly now with one exam in the upcomming week followed by a section in each of the bibles each week. Once finals are over this will advance considerably with several hours per day spent on the LSAT, the current plan being an exam every day or every other day (depending on how many exams I can afford).

I am also beginning to realistically look at my options. It was fun to pretend that I could apply to Northwestern and similar schools, but it isn't happening. I have decided that how many schools I apply to will depend on how I score. 163 or less and I will be applying to 10 schools. 164-166 and I will be applying to 15 schools. 167+ and I will probebally be applying to about 20 schools (but I dont think that will be an issue). Wish me luck! One thing that really scares me about this exam is that the people I consider smarter than I am are consistently scoring around 162-164 on real exams. Scare.

Some other things have been going on in my life as well, more on that in follow up posts.

I will leave you with the list of school I hope I end up considering (at a minimum) the 164-166 list:

Reaches:
1. Michigan
2. Notre Dame
3. Vandy
4. Wash U

Targets:
5. GW
6. Minnesota
7. Illinois
8. Wisconsin
9. Iowa
10. Indiana
11. Some other school I decide on later

Saftey:
12. Case
13. American
14. Loyola
15. Ave Maria or Dayton (someplace that will offer $$$$)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home