Monday, February 06, 2006

Trade SECRETS

So I was at Barnes and Noble today picking up "Leadership Challenge" by Kouzes and Posner and I did what I always end up doing, bought a book about Secret Societies, or in this case two.

One of the elements of the second book that convinced me to leave my normal path of one for school, one for me, was that the book contained a line by line copy of the Freemason Ritual.

Here is what I dont understand. Fraternities and Sororities have repeatedly forced the removal of secrets from websites and stopped the sale of ritual books on ebay. If fraternities have successfully accomplished this, why havent the freemasons? I understand that at some point the publication of your secrets one time compromises them, but still, why would they support people making money off of their traditions?

I am not certain but it seems as if they should enjoy the same legal protections. The only question is has its wide spread and state by state governance created a situation in which they are unable to coordinate a legal effort to stop the publication of secrets? I doubt it.

If anybody has any ideas, let me know

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home