Wednesday, February 01, 2006

State of the Union

I think this is the part of my blog where I give the obligatory comment about the state of the Union Address that was delivered last night.

First and foremost, some observations:

1. Alito looked to be amazed at his surroundings, like he couldn't believe it was happening. This was a fun change from the normal boring reactions on people's faces. It is nice to see that these people, while amazingly smart are in fact real people.

2. I love crazy-outspoken-straighttalking-conservative-Arizona-Senator-Man, but man, he looked like a HUGE dork during his emphatic clapping fit. I could not help but burst with laughter.

3. More hard talk about the Arab world, more naming of countries, but I doubt there will be any action towards them.

4. I totally agree with the announcer (I dont remember which channel, I kept flipping) that said judges and generals always seem uncomfortable during the speech.

As for comments, I am torn. I thought it was the best job I have seen him do so far, but at the same time it did contain a large amount of sketching broad stokes that I am not certain can be filled in. I am glad to see him seeming like the president again and I hope this can be turned into some meaningful action instead of him getting rolled on everything for the next three years despite still having control of congress.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Good luck on your LSAT preparation. BTW, I think the reason McCain looks so dumb clapping is that his treatment at the Hanoi Hilton left him with less than full range of motion in his arms.

He does still look like a dork, though!

Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home