Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Update

I finally received some new mail today. Over the last few days I have received the following new decisions from law schools:

Cornell Law School: A letter of acceptance and notification of the opportunity to apply for the 35K per year Dean's Scholarship by writting an additional 500 word essay. I wont attend Cornell, but I think I will write the essay anyway. The opportunity to have the choice to take a big scholarship at a great school is tempting.

Duke Law School: A notification that I have been awarked a 60K (20K per year) Dean's Scholarship. This was good to see, but after looking at the awards Duke gave out last year, I was honestly hoping for something a little bigger. I know how greedy this sounds. I am still glad to have the offer, but it definately is not enough to sway me to put Duke among my top choices.

There have also been some disappointments this week:

I have been hoping all along to have the option to attend Northwestern with a reasonable amount of scholarship money. Unfortunately, Northwestern has started to accept students and I have not been one of this. This is what happens when you don't schedule an interview with a school I guess. Even if I do get accepted later, I doubt I will be getting the significant money I was hoping for.

Similarly, Notre Dame has been admitting students and I have yet to hear a peep.

And of course, Stanford has started calling, again, no word from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home