Saturday, June 24, 2006

End of Camp

Today is the end of camp. More specifically last night was my last involvement with Summer Enrichment camp. Overall the camp went well. The students seemed to have fun and the peer mentors all enjoyed themselves. Not only did we have a good time interacting with the students and with each other, we learned a few things ourselves.

On a personal note, I really enjoyed lots of the students I met and found the other peer mentors to be awsome people that I hope to continue interacting with in the upcomming year.

A few days ago I posted about my fears of camp. None of them were realized. Though the classroom stuff was a little dry at times, the social stuff and the random fun more than made up for it. At the end of the week I think the students all learned something and enjoyed themselves. I will be interested when the reviews of camp are accumulated.

Now that camp is wrapped up its back to the real world and more specifically, back to worrying about my LSAT score. There is (supposedly) only a week left until scores are released! I will keep you posted with my score (and likly preperation to retake the test).

On an unrelated note, I received word this week that I was selected as a Pi Kapp scholar for this year. Pi Kapp scholars are selected through a nataional application process and represent the top 5-8 scholar-leaders in the fraternity. This year 7 were awarded and I will be receiving one of them. The prize for this is not only recognition, but a $1000 academic scholarship. This is really exciting news.

My tasks for this week are as follows:

1. Tie up some greek community loose ends.
2. Arrange transportation to Texas
3. Start Work

Fun stuff huh?

Days Remaining until LSAT score released: 6
Mood: Drained

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home